Date(s) - Monday, 10 August 2020 - Friday, 2 October 2020
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
COAT’s online training program designed for recently appointed Tribunal members (6 months experience in the role is recommended) next intake is currently being planned for 10 August – 2 October 2020 (8 weeks). The course is interactive and offers practical guidance on carrying out the challenging role of a Tribunal member in a collegial and supportive environment.
Content includes :
- conducting a hearing, including dealing with self-represented applicants
- fact finding and assessing evidence
- decision writing and decision making
- the rules of procedural fairness.
Participants will be able to:
- participate in online discussions in a collegiate and supportive environment
- obtain practical guidance from experienced Tribunal members
- access online resources, including videos featuring experienced Tribunal members discussing a range of topics, from decision writing to conducting hearings
- access the program when and wherever suits
- access the program via smartphone, tablet, laptop, or desktop computers – both Mac & PC friendly.
Participants will need to devote about three hours per week to the program: reading resources, responding to module activities and engaging with other participants and the experts by contributing thoughts and ideas to the online forums. The success of this program and the benefits gained are very much dependent on each participant contributing and engaging with others.
We currently have a number of expressions of interest with a maximum of 20 participants, so please advise your expression of interest if you wish to be considered in the next intake, or a future course. Please click here for the flyer.Please note that the expert facilitators will be confirmed closer to the date.
Cost: $ 550 to be paid prior to the commencement of the program. COAT is registered for GST and the amount stated includes 10% GST.
Please be advised that photographs and/or audio and video recording may occur at events organised by COAT for use on our website, marketing materials and publications. By entering a COAT event, you consent to COAT photographing or recording and using your image and likeness. This may also be applicable at events not organised by COAT, but still advertised on this site.