Date(s) - Saturday, 21 August 2021 - Friday, 8 October 2021
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
The Council of Australasian Tribunals is offering its on-line interactive training program designed for recently appointed Tribunal members. The February 2021 COAT Online Member Induction Program course is now fully subscribed. Please register your EOI for the next course proposed for August 2021 (dates TBC).
The program will offer practical guidance on carrying out the challenging role of Tribunal member.
It is advised that participants have at least 6 months experience in the role of Tribunal member prior to commencing the program.
Content includes :
- the role of a tribunal member
- conducting a hearing, including dealing with self-represented applicants
- fact finding and assessing evidence
- decision writing and decision making
- the rules of procedural fairness.
Participants will be able to:
- participate in online discussions in a collegiate and supportive environment
- obtain practical guidance from experienced Tribunal members
- access online resources, including videos featuring experienced Tribunal members discussing a range of topics, from decision writing to conducting hearings
- access the program when and wherever suits
- access the program via smartphone, tablet, laptop, or desktop computers – both Mac & PC friendly.
Participants will need to devote at least four hours per week (please disregard 9am-5pm times in event schedule) to the program: reading resources, responding to module activities and engaging with other participants and the experts by contributing thoughts and ideas to the online forums. The success of this program and the benefits gained are very much dependent on each participant contributing and engaging with others.
We currently have a number of expressions of interest with a maximum of 20 participants, so please advise your expression of interest if you wish to be considered in the next intake (details yet TBC), or a future course. Please click here for the February flyer.
Cost: $595.00 plus 10% GST ($ 654.50 inclusive of GST) to be paid prior to the commencement of the program.
Please be advised that photographs and/or audio and video recording may occur at events organised by COAT for use on our website, marketing materials and publications. By entering a COAT event, you consent to COAT photographing or recording and using your image and likeness. This may also be applicable at events not organised by COAT, but still advertised on this site.