The Administrative Appeals Tribunal is seeking Associates to provide paralegal, administrative, and case-management support to members of the AAT to assist members with the conduct of their practice. Associates may be assigned to a particular member or members, or work in a team supporting multiple members.
Duties may include:
– Undertaking legal or general research
– Assisting with the preparation, editing, or proofing of Tribunal orders and decisions
– Liaising with parties and their representatives
– Drafting case summaries, correspondence, directions, and interlocutory orders
– Accompanying and supporting members in hearings.
For Associate positions in the Migration & Refugee Division, studies in Law are not a requirement. For Associate positions on other divisions, candidates must have completed, or substantially completed, a recognised degree in Laws. The position description has more information about the role and selection criteria (click Apply to access the position description).
Associates may be located in Adelaide, Brisbane, Canberra, Hobart, Melbourne, Perth, or Sydney. Associates are engaged for a period of 12 to 18 months, with possibility of extension to a maximum of 3 years. Hybrid (office/WFH) arrangements are available.
To apply, register your interest on the AAT’s Associate Employment Register. Once on the register, you may be considered for any Associate position that may arise during the period of the register in the location(s) you have identified. Associate position vacancies will arise at different times in different locations.
Currently there are multiple Associate positions available in Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra, and Brisbane. To be considered for these current positions, you will need to register your interest by 11:00pm Sunday 28 August 2022. More positions in these and other locations are also likely to become available in the near term.
The AAT website (www.aat.gov.au) has more information about the AAT. If you have questions about the current positions, contact:
- Sydney position(s): Dilini Wijesena on (02) 9276 5534
- Melbourne position(s): Susan Woodford on (03) 9454 6196
- Canberra position(s): David Sullivan on (02) 6243 4630
- Brisbane position(s): Sarah Johnson on (07) 3052 3055